A wave of American and Israeli strikes has according to analysis eliminated or harmed at least eleven Iranian naval vessels starting Saturday, recently obtained orbital imagery show, with missile bases and enrichment plants also sustaining hits.
Images of the southerly Konarak naval military port and the Bandar Abbas port installation, which sits on the Strait of Hormuz and contains the headquarters of the Iran's naval force, depict smoke billowing from multiple warships on the start of the week.
Among the vessels destroyed was the Makran, the country's largest naval vessel which had functioned as a unmanned aerial vehicle platform. Orbital photos indicated dark plumes pouring from the vessel which had been moored at the Bandar Abbas base.
Analytical assessments state that at least five ships at the port were "struck or destroyed". Pictures of the southern end of the harbor depict smoke rising from the IRINS Makran, while additional vessels appear to be harmed, with one of them seen burning.
At the Konarak base, images reveal multiple stricken vessels, with analysis identifying impacts on six vessels. Images taken on the start of the week also indicate that several buildings at the base have been demolished.
"For decades the Iran's leadership has harassed international shipping," the head of US Central Command said. "Now, there is not one Iranian ship operational in the Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz or Gulf of Oman, and we will not stop."
A number of vessels reportedly sunk may have been obscured in satellite images by weather conditions or battle damage, or hit in open waters, and have not been conclusively proven. Other accounts indicated that an Iranian vessel was sinking off the coast of Sri Lanka's waters, leading to a rescue operation.
Eliminating Tehran's launch facilities and the hindering of atomic bomb programs were declared as further objectives of the military strikes. Aerial imagery also depicted strikes on the southern Khorgu and north-western Tabriz facilities, and at the Konarak air air base, where missile storage facilities and bunkers were targeted.
At the Choqa Balk-e drone base west of Kermanshah, widespread damage was identified to storage buildings, bunkers and unmanned aircraft systems.
Impact was also observed at a surveillance station at the Zahedan military airport in eastern parts of the country, near the border with neighboring nations.
Of particular note, the latest wave of attacks have reportedly hit installations at Natanz – long said to be at the heart of Iran's atomic program. A global monitoring agency stated that the affected structures were used for entry to the facility's below-ground enrichment facility and that "no radiological consequence" was likely.
Defense experts suggested that the strikes appeared to have "significantly degraded" the Iran's naval capability to sustain traditional warfare using its biggest vessels. Nevertheless, it was emphasised that Iran still has the capacity to launch unconventional attacks at sea through the use of unmanned aerial vehicles, small submarines and its so-called "clandestine network" of tankers.
The full scope of the damage caused to Iranian military facilities is still uncertain, with hostilities said to be ongoing. Photos also reveals widespread destruction to the headquarters of the Iran's Revolutionary Guards in the capital Tehran.
A significant number of non-military structures also appear to have been struck in the capital and throughout the country since the conflict escalated. Casualty figures from ground sources indicate that many hundreds of civilians may have been lost their lives in the strikes.
With the conflict ongoing, review of aerial photographs will continue to document the changing military landscape.
A seasoned slot gaming analyst with over a decade of experience in casino entertainment and strategy development.